|Title:||Vegan Spring Rolls *****|
|Category:||Side Dishes - Clean (Only natural/organic ingredients), Vegetarian|
Extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
4 leaves of cabbage
1 oz. soy sprouts
2 T tamari or soy sauce
8 sheets spring roll pastry
1 T ketchup or tomato sauce
1 t tamari or soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar
4 T agave syrup
2.5 oz. water
2 t cornstarch
|Directions:||1) Heat extra virgin olive oil in a wok (1 tablespoon is enough), add the vegetables (the sliced garlic, julienned onion, carrots and cabbage, and soy sprouts) and the tamari sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
2) To make rolls, place wrapper like diamond, place 2 tablespoons of filling near corner, tightly roll the wrapper, fold over left side, fold over right side, paint a little water along the edge and close it up.
3) Heat plenty of extra virgin olive oil in the wok and when it's very hot, add the spring rolls and cook them for about 1 minute or until both sides are golden brown. Alternatively, you can cook according to pastry package directions in the oven.
4) For sweet & sour sauce, mix ketchup or tomato sauce, tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar and agave syrup in a bowl.
5) Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Mix all the ingredients.
6) Cook the mixture in a saucepan over high heat until it just begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
7) Remove from heat and let the sauce cool.