|Title:||No-Fu Love Loaf ****|
|Category:||Main Dishes - Clean (Only natural/organic ingredients), Vegetarian|
1/2 c brown (green) lentils
1 c vegetable stock
1/3 c water
1 dried bay leaf
3/4 c bulgur (toasted cracked wheat)- or steel cut oats
1 c water- boiled
1/4 c natural ketchup
1 c rolled or quick oats
3 T tamari
2 T nutritional yeast
2 T ground white chia- or flax meal
2 T vegan Worcestershire sauce
2 T tahini or sunflower seed butter
2 t blackstrap molasses
1/4 t dried thyme
1/4 - 1/2 t dried oregano
1 t dried basil
1/8 t ground fennel- optional
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 - 8 T natural ketchup
2 t vegan Worcestershire sauce or 4 t vegan bby sauce- optional
|Directions:||1) Combine the lentils, vegetable stock, 1⁄3 cup of water, and bay leaf in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until just about tender.
2) Once done, add the bulgur and boiling water, cover, and cook on medium-low heat for another 8 to 9 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375F.
3) Lightly oil an oven-proof glass loaf pan and line the bottom of the pan with a strip of parchment paper to cover (place it in to protrude along the short ends of the pan; this helps for easier removal of the veggie loaf from the pan).
4) Combine the topping ingredients (last 2 ingredients) in a small bowl.
5) Once the bulgur is cooked, remove the bay leaf and add all the remaining ingredients (except topping). Stir very well. Transfer the mixture to prepared pan and pack it in. Spread the topping mixture over the top.
6) Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 28 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes or so, before cutting to slice and serve.
|Makes:||5 to 6 servings|