|Title:||Macaroni Grill Rosemary Olive Oil Bread|
|Category:||Breads - Clean (Only natural/organic ingredients), Vegetarian|
1 c warm water
1 T organic cane sugar- or other sweetener
2 t active dry yeast
1 t sea salt
2 T fresh rosemary- chopped- or 2 t dried
1/4 t Italian seasoning
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 c bread flour- plus extra for kneading
1 egg + 1 T water- whisked for egg wash
Dried rosemary for sprinkling
|Directions:||1. In a large bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit 10 minutes to proof.
2. Stir in the salt, rosemary, seasonings, olive oil, and whole wheat flour. Add the bread flour and stir until the dough forms a ball. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes, adding more flour as necessary to prevent sticking, until smooth.
3. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough and form it into a round loaf. Place it on a cornmeal dusted pizza peel or parchment paper; cover; and let rise until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, preheat oven (and pizza stone) to 400F. Once the dough has risen, gently brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with dried rosemary.
6. Bake on preheated stone for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.