|Title:||Lemon and Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes|
|Category:||Side Dishes - Clean (Only natural/organic ingredients), Vegetarian|
|From:||Eat Clean Diet|
3 good-sized sweet potatoes- scrubbed and trimmed of fibers
1 1/2 c apple juice
1/3 c agave nectar
1 t ground nutmeg
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 t sea salt
3 T best-quality olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
|Directions:||1.Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Prepare a large baking dish by spraying with Eat-Clean Cooking Spray or a touch of olive oil.
3. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until just tender. Don't overcook the sweet potatoes- you want them a bit firm. They will finish cooking in the oven.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and set aside to cool. Peel if desired. Cut into rounds 1/4-inch thick and lay them in the baking dish. Don't overlap the pieces of potato.
5. In a heavy saucepan place apple juice, agave nectar, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Simmer over low heat for several minutes. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Stir well. The liquid should now be syrup. If not thick enough, simmer a little longer. Pour the warm syrup over the sweet potatoes.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until hot and fragrant. Serve hot.