|Title:||Bruschetta with Tomato & Avocado|
|Category:||Breads - Clean (Only natural/organic ingredients), Vegetarian|
|From:||Eat Clean Diet|
1/2 loaf whole-grain French, ciabatta or other thin loaf bread
3 T extra virgin olive oil- divided
1 c fresh tomatoes- chopped
3 cloves garlic- passed through garlic press
1 t sea salt
1 t freshly ground black pepper
1 handful fresh arugula leaves- finely chopped
1 handful fresh basil leaves- finely chopped
2 T best quality balsamic vinegar
2 fresh avocados
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
|Directions:||1. Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Slice bread into thin, 1/2-inch slices on the diagonal. Arrange slices on baking sheet. Don't overlap. Use another baking sheet if necessary.
3. Use a baking brush to lightly coat each piece of bread with olive oil. Bake for several minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven. Set aside.
4. In a medium-sized oven-safe mixing bowl combine tomato, remaining olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place in hot oven and bake for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer cooked tomatoes to new mixing bowl. Add chopped arugula, basil and balsamic vinegar. Mix gently to combine. Set aside.
6. Peel avocados. Cut in half and remove pits. Dice avocado and toss with lemon juice.
7. Top each piece of bread with tomato mixture. Top with avocado. Serve.